Re: So ... did Dewey beat Truman?

2004-08-05 09:03:03

On Aug 5, 2004, at 12:05 AM, John Glube wrote:

It might be helpful if Andy could clarify whether the
interview in the noted article is accurate, or did the
reporter mangle his remarks and draw the wrong conclusions.

It was not accurate and either I miscommunicated with the reporter or he simply got it wrong.

I'm sorry if this has caused any headache or heartache. It certainly was not intentional.

Talking to reporters is not an aspect of chairship I like, and I have in the past ducked several reporters. However, from experience I have learned there is a higher probably that they will get the story right if I do talk to them, though it is never a guarantee.

Again, sorry.

-andy