Re: So ... did Dewey beat Truman?

2004-08-05 11:33:51

In <20040805171755(_dot_)GC28401(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> Meng Weng
Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 11:50:55AM -0500, wayne wrote:

| There is also a third possiblity:  An editor chopped things up in
| order to make things fit.  Reporters rarely "have time" to get a story
| reviewed by their sources, and editors rarely "have time" to get their
| edits reviewed by the reporter.

In the same vein, many readers of a certain online community
news form rarely "have time" to read the articles before
posting their comments.  :)

Yeah, that is much like many IETF meeting attendees rarely "have time"
to read the I-Ds.  Paul Vixie has a very cool rant on that subject
during the DNSOPs yesterday.

From what I can tell, the MARID session also suffered from this
problem with respect to the "breaking up the marid-core I-D".  Yeah, I
know, there *are* still a few things other than just the PRA algorithm
described in the marid-core I-D, but from the discussions yesterday,
it sounded like many people thought that the stuff that moved to
marid-protocol was still in marid-core.

-wayne