Re: What Meng said

2004-08-11 14:11:07

On Aug 11, 2004, at 4:50 PM, John Glube wrote:

* Will the chairs now allow the WG to discuss unified SPF
as a solution at least as to writing a sender policy record
for use by PRA and include the relevant portions allowing
receiving MTAs to carry out malformed SMTP mail from, SMTP
mail from, EHELO and PTR checks in marid core at the data
stage in addition to a PRA check, providing the receiving
MTA specifically indicates the reason for rejection, or is
this request simply out of order?

The reason I asked that alternate proposals not be discussed is that we have already had people complain about the confusion. So please, lets hold back the flood gates just a little while longer.

* If that request is out of order, I would ask for guidance
from the chairs to the WG to deal with the issues I have
raised.

Discussion of the problem is certainly relevant. Its the proposing of the solutions that seems to be confusing people.

-andy