Re: TECH-ERROR: DNS Record Types

2004-08-23 22:25:05

On Aug 23, 2004, at 5:09 PM, Jim Lyon wrote:

I believe that the latest Protocol draft (draft-ietf-marid-protocol-03)
contains changes that don't correctly reflect the consensus of the group
concerning DNS record types.

The changes you cited were all made in response to review by the people of DNS-EXT. In particular, Olafur Gudmundsson, co-chair of DNS-EXT provided much of the wording you see verbatim. He and I discussed the changes and in particular the very points you bring up. He said he'd like to see this version of the wording go to last call, and that he'd be willing to be involved in discussions.

Andy: Can we get him in?

        - Mark