Re: DEPLOY: DNS Record Types

2004-08-24 13:50:55

On Aug 24, 2004, at 12:40 PM, Margaret Olson wrote:

As the spec is written, a new reader has to study carefully and work this out for themselves. This is not helpful to the email community and it will slow down adoption.

[ This is a little off-topic, but... ]
I'm not so concerned that a reader has to study the document to work out what a best practice should be. The eventual specification document needs to clearly and concisely state the technical parameters. It does not serve as a How-To document. I should hope that the vast majority of the e-mail community will never read this document, and will learn what to do from helpful web sites and record generating wizards. I already fear that the protocol document has far too much exegesis in it.

If you have a tighter, clearer and more concise way of saying what is allowed and what must be done, then I'm all ears. I'm going to resist adding paragraphs of explanation, best practices, expository examples and helpful hints.

        - Mark