Re: DEPLOY: Microsoft Royalty Free Sender ID Patent License FAQ

2004-08-24 13:48:52

| Taking this into account and reading Eric Allman analysis
| (http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg03500.html), it
| seems the most common free software licence, the GPL, is
| incompatible with Microsoft licence on SenderID.

I didn't say that. I said that _some_ people may believe this, but there is also some significant reason to believe that they are incorrect, including statements from both Eben Moglen and Lawrence Rosen, both of whom are lawyers. As near as I can tell, the question of GPL compatibility is quite ambiguous at this time.

eric