Re: DEPLOY: Microsoft Royalty Free Sender ID Patent License FAQ

2004-08-24 10:26:32

I'd have to agree with Koen.  I'm adding SPFv1 checks to GOSSiP.  I'd
like to support the eventual product of MARID, but given the current
license confusion, I can't, nor am I inclined to.  This isn't a "I won't
support anything from Microsoft" position; this is a "It's not entirely
clear to me what rights I retain and which I surrender by including a
Sender-ID implementation in my code." position.

--
Mark C. Langston            GOSSiP Project          Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark(_at_)bitshift(_dot_)org   http://sufficiently-advanced.net