Re: TECH-ERROR: DNS Record Types

2004-08-31 13:29:43

First, two minor points:

... as when SPF (I do not like the name SPF2) RR ...
Several people have made this suggestion to me, on and off list. I have seen only one argument against. Unless I hear more, I will rename the RR type from 'SPF2' to 'SPF'.

2a.The contents of the SPF2 record and TXT record MUST be identical.
This I agree with and the current document says so (at least
that is my reading of section 2.1 paragraph 3).
But I agree with you that putting in a MUST there is a good idea.
I will add the MUST.

Then: