Re: Sendmail releases open source Sender ID milter for testing

2004-08-31 13:48:25

Ryan Malayter writes:
I personally don't think Sourceforge is a distributor in this case. They are merely a courier, like FedEx. If I FedEx a CD containing a SenderID implementation to my buddy across town, does FedEx have to sign the MS license? Obviously not.

IANAL, of course, so I ask the lawyers out there: is there a strict legal definition of a "(re)distributor" of software?

If you think offering software downloads to the general public isn't redistributing, I dare you to put your Windows CDs on your web site.

Arnt