Re: Sendmail releases open source Sender ID milter for testing

2004-08-31 11:28:14

Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
wayne wrote:
Our provision of this source code does not include any licenses or any other rights to you under any Microsoft intellectual property. If you would like a license from Microsoft (e.g. rebrand, redistribute), you need to contact Microsoft directly.'

My reading of this is that if you include the notice in your source, you are free to distribute it, although people who want to change it might need to get a new license.

Right. And people who want to redistribute it, too.

The first sentence quoted above says that the "you" (the party who wishes to redistribute) does not receive a SenderID license from "us" (the party who has one). The second says that to redistribute, "you" must contact Microsoft.

So even if Sendmail has a license, that doesn't grant Sourceforge a right to redistribute.

Maybe I'm wrong. If I am, I think it's an understandable error and clarifications are urgently needed.

Arnt