Re: on the topic of IPR

2004-08-27 23:38:37

Therefore, I don't understand why Microsoft is insisting on such license. Considering that it may seriously hinder deployment as several people have testified, it would make more sense that a license without a requirement to sign an agreement is issued. If the patent trolls will come, the license will not stop them anyway but the patent might. This way Microsoft can have its cake and eat it to.

Yakov

I do not understand the requirement to sign the license either. Their failure to accept a license bound to the standard or required as part of the source of an implimentation suguests that they do nto beleive their own EULA under which all of there software is distributed are binding or enforceable. Regardless, a license include as part of the standard or required in the text of any source would likely provide very nearly as strong a legal defense against patent counter claims though it still might not be acceptable to FOSS it would atleast be much closer.