Re: on the topic of IPR

2004-08-27 07:51:29

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 06:52:15AM -0700, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
From a PR standpoint I somehow doubt that Microsoft is going to
be known primarily for having created SenderID in ten years time.

Hmmm ... from my memory (backuped by the list archives and news articles
in the Internet) Microsoft created Caller-Id.
Sender-Id is the work of the IETF MARID group and not Microsoft.

It is very funny ro read even in this list and in news articles that
Microsoft created Sender-Id, which is simply wrong. Also in the patent
claims Microsoft talks about Sender-Id as their invention.
Sender-Id is *at best* a derivate work which borrows some ideas of
Caller-Id.

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299