Re: Reputation services for SenderID

2004-08-28 08:32:57

Anne,

APME> IADB is not, emphatically not, a whitelist.  The information contained
APME> in IADB about the IPs and the mail flowing therefrom is purely factual
APME> and objective, with no value judgement made at all, nor expectation

  I thought I had understood what IADB was about, but now I am confused.

  The web page says:

       The ISIPP Accreditation Database (IADB) is a DNS list of the
       domains and/or IP addresses of senders who either a) meet ISIPP's
       criteria as determined by background, reference, and other checks
       ("non-vouched listings"), or b) are personally known to ISIPP to
       meet the criteria and to be good Internet mailing citizens, and
       for whom we will thus vouch ("vouched listings").

This very definitely defines a service that makes a value judgement.

Please clarify.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>