Re: Motion to abandon Sender ID

2004-09-06 15:19:28

I would add to this that the same phrase appears in the IPR disclosure itself (http://www.ietf.org/ietf/IPR/microsoft-ipr-draft-ietf-marid-core.txt):

"C. If an Internet-Draft or RFC includes multiple parts and it is not
reasonably apparent which part of such Internet-Draft or RFC is
alleged to be covered by the patent information disclosed in Section
V(A) or V(B), it is helpful if the discloser identifies here the
sections of the Internet-Draft or RFC that are alleged to be so
covered.

Both Sender ID: Authenticating E-mail <draft-ietf-marid-core-03.txt>
and Purported Responsible Address in E-mail Messages
<draft-ietf-marid-pra-00.txt> in combination.
"

Chris Haynes wrote:
Harry,

In a discussion elsewhere there has been uncertainty as to the exact meaning and
implications of the phrase 'used in combination' in your statement below.

If you were able to confirm that the Microsoft disclosure / IPR claims do not
cover the marid-core spec. taken in isolation, that would be extremely helpful
and could allay some people's concerns.

Chris Haynes

 "Harry Katz" helpfully stated:

<snip>

Our IPR disclosure filed with the IETF and available at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/IPR/microsoft-ipr-draft-ietf-marid-core.txt is
quite specific and covers the marid-core and marid-pra specs used in
combination.  That's all.  We do not, to the best of my knowledge, have
any IPR claims related to either marid-protocol, which describes the
SPF2 record format, or marid-submitter.