Re: TECH: use fetchmail algorithm to select header address to verify

2004-09-06 15:39:44

Roy,

RB> If we're doing this at the SMTP level -- which is the prefered place
RB> for the MARID check -- then the envelope sender is always known,
RB> without any recourse to the headers, to this just boils down to using
RB> the envelope sender (a la SPF).

   I assume you are not talking about SUBMITTER.

   Because there is no such value as "envelope sender".

   Hopefully, you do not mean the bounce address, MailFrom, since of
   course it need not correlate with sender or from at all.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>