Re: TECH: use fetchmail algorithm to select header address to verify

2004-09-07 04:20:34

"Yakov" == Yakov Shafranovich <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com>
writes:

    >> The above algorithm makes no sense to me.  The fact that
    >> someone has used it for something in the past is not a
    >> justification for using it here.
    >>

    Yakov> I will agree with you that it will not sufficient for our
    Yakov> purposes where we care about the original party who put the
    Yakov> email into the email system, not the original author of the
    Yakov> message, but it might be good enough for prior art.

No.  I mean it simply makes no sense.  Since the from field in
mandatory, the algorithm will never proceed beyond step 2.  Steps 3 to
5 will only ever be reached if the message is malformed.

  -roy