RE: DOC-BUG: Terminology: Purported Responsible Address

2004-09-07 10:35:31

On Saturday, September 04, 2004 2:07 PM, Roy Badami wrote:

"mazieres" ==   <mazieres(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

    mazieres> I think the term Primary would be unfortunate, because
    mazieres> in a lot of settings, the PRA doesn't really equate to
    mazieres> people's intuitive notion of primary address.

Agreed; it was just the best I could come up with that kept
the acronym PRA (not that that's essential)

    mazieres> How about "Preceding Responsible Address" or better
    mazieres> "Previous Responsible Address."

I like both of those.

Ultimately it's just a name, and I don't _really_ care what
it is.  I can happily live with 'purported responsible
address' as long as we accept that it is simply the name for
this identity, and not just a term we use to refer to an (as
yet unnamed) underlying concept when we're unsure of its accuracy.

       -roy

In that case, I suggest we leave the name unchanged.  I think the
current name is reasonably accurate and I don't see much  value in
changing it.

Thanks.