RE: TECH-ERROR (-core): misuse of Resent- fields

2004-09-07 11:30:47

On Tuesday, September 07, 2004 10:47 AM, Tony Finch
[mailto:fanf2(_at_)hermes(_dot_)cam(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk] wrote:

It is unfortunate that most of the terminology in this area
is ambiguous, and this is not helped by willful
misinterpretation of a document that is trying to be clear
about which meaning is intended.

I agree the terminology is ambiguous.  I disagree that we're engaging in
"willful misinterpretation".  A somewhat broader interpretation perhaps,
but one which both is reasonable and useful under the circumstances.