Re: TECH-ERROR (-core): misuse of Resent- fields

2004-09-07 12:45:02

Tony Finch wrote:

Now presumably under circumstances of some description, having seen a
message delivered into my inbox I can press a hypothetical 'reintroduce'
button (if not, then what are the headers for?).
It's not hypothetical: Pine has such a function (which it confusingly
calls "bounce"). We use it quite frequently to resend a message to the
address it should have been sent to in the first place (e.g. from the
webmaster team to the postmaster team).

FWIW, Apple's OS X client has the same feature, called "Redirect." It sets Resent-Date, -From, -To, and -Message-ID correctly.

I thought it was alreadly widely understood that Sender-ID violates the RFC2822 defined semantics for Resent-From ?

<csg>