Re: consensus call on pra/mailfrom deployment and versioning/scope

2004-09-08 08:12:47

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 03:37:52PM +0100, Tony Finch wrote:

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Andrew Newton wrote:

It is the opinion of the co-chairs at this time (before the end of last
call)
that the MARID working group has no consensus regarding the deployment of
Sender ID.  This lack of consensus centers around the IPR associated with
the
PRA algorithm.

Isn't there also IPR associated with the -core document?

It's my understanding (based in part on a recent clarification by Mr.
Katz as requested by Yakov and others) that -core in isolation is
unencumbered.

I suggested a few weeks ago that if the IPR was truly a show-stopper
that we may want to consider just going ahead without the document
embodying PRA; I'm still okay with that solution.  I'll need to think a
bit about Andrew's specific suggestion, but it looks fine on the face of
it.

--
Mark C. Langston            GOSSiP Project          Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark(_at_)bitshift(_dot_)org   http://sufficiently-advanced.net