Re: MARID to close

2004-09-22 17:05:57

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 09:31, Ted Hardie wrote:
After an assessment of the current state of the MARID working group,
its charter, and its milestones, the working group chairs and Area
Advisor have concluded that the MARID working group should be
terminated.

        A sad but IMO forseeable event.

Concluding a group without it having achieved its goals is never a
pleasant prospect, and it is always tempting to believe that just a
small amount of additional time and energy will cause consensus to
emerge.  After careful consideration, however, the working group
chairs and area advisor have concluded that such energy would be
better spent on gathering deployment experience.

        I truly hope that the work that has been
done here can eventually translate into a working
standard. If not MARID, then something. I'm sure even
those vehemently against what has gone on here can
agree that SOMETHING needs to be done, and the
piecemeal solutions to-date are obviously note enough.
We need a solution.

        Many thanks to the co chairs, Mr. Hardie
and everyone else.

        Ryan

--
HELO, my name is root... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!