Re: MARID to close

2004-09-22 14:23:00

First off I'd like to thank the co-chairs and AA for taking on a
difficult task under difficult circumstances. Regardless of how things
have played out it bothers me that some would accuse them of
ill-intent or not doing a good job. While I don't agree with all the
calls they made I'm not going to second guess those calls.

I am disappointed that everyone is being turned loose to go their own
way and experiment. This sort of approach is likely to increase email
deliverability problems without addressing the issues that resulted in
the formation of the working group. This is too important to let folks
"duke it out" and whatever is left is the standard.

Given the current circumstances I would be interested in how
participants of the list would answer the 30 questions listed in the
FTC/NIST Email Authentication Summit announcement. I'm still digesting
the questions but do plan on writing down answers (not necessarily for
submission to the FTC) and may post them to the list.

If anyone else from the list is planning on attending the Summit (Nov
9/10 in Washington, D.C.) I wouldn't mind trying to get together a
group of MARID list folks for dinner/discussion the evening of
November 9th. Nothing formal and not sure what would come out of it.

Mike