Re: blowback, was A new SMTP "3821" [Re: FTC stuff...........]

2004-12-08 18:37:31

In the real world, there are whole lot of remailers and forwarders,
and no matter how desperately some domains might want to argue that
nobody's allowed to forward, etc., [snip]

This is bogus.  Forwarding does not have to stop.

Hmmn.  I'm not sure how to respond to someone who seems to think that
I wrote the exact opposite of what I did.

I said that forwarding happens, and that SPF records saying "no
forwarding" aren't going to stop it.  Recipients can believe -all at
the time when every forwarder has implemented SRS, that is to say,
never.  Until then, if you actually want to accept the legitimate mail
that people are sending you, SPF is only useful for whitelisting
domains you already know you like.

People claming that the SPF community wants to ban forwarding are
spreading fud, no matter their reputation.

Tendentious non-sequiturs don't advance your argument very effectively.

Regards,
http://www.taugh.com