Using DK/IIM [was: Re: So here it is one year later...]

2005-02-01 12:26:08

Jim, these are legit questions:

1) Who is the signer?  MUA or MSA?

2) How should a MDA handle the following:

2a) A domain with DK/IIM published information but a non-DK/IIM payload?
2b) A non-DK/IIM domain?
2c) Broken DK/IIM message?

3) What is the role of the intermediatary router MTA?

4) What is the relationship of the transport parameters; IP, HELO, MAILFROM
and RCPTO with a DK/IIM ready payload?  What upfront logic can be used?

5) Since a MDA requires to view the PAYLOAD to validate the DK/IIM, what is
the policy for POST-SMTP failed DK/IIM results?

6) Finally, how should gateway transformation systems handle DK/IIM payloads
which may get stripped.  For example, a console based mail system only needs
two parts:

The main headers:

and the body:

     text body

6a) How does this change the mail reader, online and offline?  For example,
should the presentation software display some "Red Warning Icon" suggesting
"Possible Invalid Message?"

Thanks

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO