purpose: evolution or revolution

1997-08-10 09:17:59
Gentlefolk, it appears to me that there are rather different goals for
some of the participants.

Some only desire a good documentation of what is already there.

Many are interested in making minor modifications to clean it up a bit.

Still others seem ready to completely redo and expand the PGP format,
using 16 bit fields where there were 8 bits, or variable length, or even
entire grammars.

When the BoF is held, please discuss this issue.

====

For myself, put me in the middle -- minor modifications, every bit is
sacred, and past and present interoperability reigns supreme.

Let SPKI handle variable length everything.  A different effort.

WSimpson(_at_)UMich(_dot_)edu
BSimpson(_at_)MorningStar(_dot_)com