comments on message exchange draft [not encodings!]

1997-08-11 01:41:12
I have some comments --

-- I assume this iteration of this draft is intended to document current
practice so I assume we're not opening up the body for massive changes,
regardless of their brilliance.

-- this document seems to duplicate some of the information in
Stallings/etc.' existing PGP RFC.  I don't see why.

-- the name contents should be more clearly spelled out.  For example the
fact you can do 'comment' [with viacrypt but not with pgp 5 :-(] should be
more clearly described.

-- there should be more detailed CRC reference information.  If you can
suck in the Base 64 prose for the n-th time in the IETF draft world, you
can suck in the CRC information.

-- Rodney Thayer Sable Technology +1 617 332 7292
   <http://www.shore.net/~sable/info/contact_info.html> --