Re: The purpose of this mailing list

1997-09-11 23:15:27
Good comments for the list,

I suggest a "Capabilities Attribute" that's self-signed and dated to notify
the other party of changes (sound familiar?). I could not care less if
someone wants to use patented $$$ algorithms, as long as it's NOT a "MUST".
OIDs work fine here. PGP 5.x already has this, RSA, DH, DSA, and DES, 3DES,
IDEA, CAST, with MD5, SHA-1.... I think we should have DH with DSA, SHA-1
and either 3DES or CAST as a MUST, all else is fair game, but not required.
PGP Inc does not want to dictate this list of algorithms, that's what the
working group will decide. PS: I'd like to see at least one EC in the list
of "MAY" asymmetric algos.

CB