Re: Charter submitted to IESG

1997-09-18 22:25:24
Leave the flaws, the optional extras, the extras for later.  Let's
get the
defined PGP out there, and then let's look at building upon a solid,
exising
definition.

Hear hear!

I've given up on S/MIME - the whole process seems bogged down in a endless
series of revisions & discussion on licensing, patents, PKCS XX structures,
methods for granting/revoking/reading keys & endless feature discussions.

I just looked at the draft OpenPGP spec - its *very* encouraging, as a
reasonably compent developer I have no problem with writing my own core
implementation. I feel confident that later specifications for PKI etc will
be easily integrated.

Looking forward to doing so,
--
Lindsay Mathieson