Re: key server lookup protocol?

1997-10-28 15:11:20
Frank Brueckner wrote:

An additional question to that (older) thread:

   > PGP 5.0 sends the following request:
   > "GET /pks/lookup?op=get&exact=on&search=<Email Address|Key ID>
HTTP/1.0"

Now, with 5.5, we have an ldap server, which will make things a lot easier.
We support the old HTTP one, but the ldap one is the way to go.

Jon Callas                                         jon(_at_)pgp(_dot_)com

So where is the document describing this and where does it sit within
the ietf-open-pgp framework. Does this exist ? Will the group accept
submissions from third parties who already have been storing PGP keys in
LDAP already, or is this not going to be part of open-pgp ? What is the
format by which 5.5 does the LDAP queries ?

O.K. now you have LDAP and HTTP as protocols.
But if you use LDAP you need attributes containing keys|key-URLs|key-IDs|
User-IDs.

Do you use the attribute types as suggested by Roland Hedberg
<Roland(_dot_)Hedberg(_at_)umdac(_dot_)umu(_dot_)se> in his (outdated)
draft-ietf-asid-pgp-02.txt ?

Regards,
--
Frank Brueckner, SNI Directory Team,