re: CMR

1997-11-24 08:29:38

So you accept it as a given that shredding evidence is appropriate and
desirable behavior in a free society?  Even if said shredding is
conducted by the White House (or #10 Downing Street)?

It can be - depends on the context. I use a shredder daily to produce kitty
litter. I only use my own property to do this (and pity anyone who tries to
go through my trash 8*).

In other contexts, where retention is a condition for use established by the
property owner then clearly destruction is not appropriate.

Think the major area of concern is of demands by a third party for access.
Since citizens, unlike those in the military, are not the property of the
government (yet,here), whether shredding is or is not done is not anyone
else's business without due process.

Could be rong. Hope not.
                                Warmly,
                                        Padgett