Re: new algorithm identifier of the symmetric cryptosystem.

1997-12-03 13:13:40
At 01:37 PM 12/03/1997 +0900, Hironobu Suzuki wrote:
I'd like to know who is control the algorithm identifier of the
symmetric cryptosystem.

I hacked GOST and BLOWFISH into PGP but still buggy. The algorithm
identifier of GOST as FOUR(#4) and BLOWFISH as FIVE(#5) were assigned
for my hacked PGP. You may get patch file for pgp50i-b8 from

Note that GOST is not a single algorithm - it's a family of algorithms,
and the security depends on the set of S-Boxes you use.
The USSR Military used one set, USSR non-military government another,
but we don't know what those sets were, and the set you have
may be just as strong, or much weaker.

      URL://www.pp.iij4u.or.jp/~h2np/pgp
      Note:
      THIS IS NOT FOR ANY OFFICIAL OR UNOFFICAL VERSION OF PGP.
      IT'S A KIND OF JOKE.  DON'T BE A SERIOUS.

My company's firewall censorware didn't like the page,
and gave me a blocking banner.  Must have been a politically incorrect joke....
                                Thanks!
                                        Bill
Bill Stewart, stewarts(_at_)ix(_dot_)netcom(_dot_)com
Regular Key PGP Fingerprint D454 E202 CBC8 40BF  3C85 B884 0ABE 4639