Re: new algorithm identifier of the symmetric cryptosystem.

1997-12-03 23:38:46

I don't know this topic is a good for IETF mailing list.  If someone
knows a good ML(s) for this topic, please let me know about it.

Jon Callas <jon(_at_)pgp(_dot_)com> said:
Does mean you want me to put in an algorithim identifier for GOST,
or not?

 I wrote the GOST/BLOWFISH with PGP as prototype and testing version,
not to open it to the public. But I need to distribute to someone who
criticize my idea or my source codes. Sometime, both things contradict
each other. If ID #4 and #5 are already assinged for other algorithms,
it makes a trouble and a confusion for PGP community. I hope to avoid
this situation.

I hope to use id numbers which nobody complains me :-).  Even if id
number should be #11 or #101 or #1001, it's OK.

Ian Grigg <iang(_at_)systemics(_dot_)com> said:

Until the full paramaters are known (S Boxes, etc, as mentioned by
Bill), perhaps a provisional number could be allocated pending an
RFC for GOST/PGP, that includes the relevant detail.

This suggestion is better than what I thought. Thanks Mr. Grigg.

Provisional number:

        GOST/PGP -- #4
        BLOWFISH/PGP -- #5

It's sounds good :-)

Few years later, someone will hack AES (Advanced Encryption Standard)
into PGP. I think several people will hack it at the same time. Who
does allocate/control id number of AES?

HAPPY HACKING!

--
Hironobu SUZUKI        Independent Software Consultant
E-Mail: hironobu(_at_)h2np(_dot_)suginami(_dot_)tokyo(_dot_)jp