Re: Speculative Mode for KeyIDs of all zeroes

1997-12-03 22:59:47
At 08:29 PM 12/3/97 +0000, Ian Grigg wrote:

I agree with this.  This would be a MAY, would it not?

"An implementation MAY interpret a KeyID of all zeroes to mean that all
keys available should be used to decrypt the message speculatively."
or  some such.

I don't think adding any extra features will work for the intended
audience.  For reasons that I won't go into now, I don't think any users
who really need the speculative mode will be using anything but pgp2.6
(the C version, not any compatibility suite like Cryptix).  The rest of
us might like to implement it for fun.

Outstanding.

Kudos.