r.e. code fragments in the documents

1997-12-08 08:10:42
Has the BXA ruled on itef drafts?  Snuffle is smaller than many code
fragments, but (barring a further ruling) still cannot be posted on the
internet.  I have lots of concise working examples of how PGP does things,
from my implementations, but will we run into the "crypto is a munition"
problem if the draft contains the wrong type of example?

In IETF land it is ok to put code fragments in drafts.  It is strongly
recommended they fall across page boundries so that it's clearly a
technical paper.  See the RC5 RFC by Rivest for an example, it's basically
code with a light topping of page footers.

This is a technical/academic paper in a public forum, I believe, so that's
why it's ok.