Re: Hashed signature material

1998-03-27 18:15:52
On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, Hal Finney wrote:

Werner is correct.  In the case of V4 signature packets, 6 more bytes
are added at the end, for technical reasons to prevent some signature
aliasing attacks.  The contents are:

      byte 0 - Version of signature packet, in this case 4
      byte 1 - 0xff
      bytes 2-5 - Length of hashed data from sig packet (not including
              these last 6 bytes), bigendian

We added the hashing information to the draft at the final stages, and
it was an oversight on my part in not getting this information to Jon
correctly.

How do I get 5.0 to generate one of these beasts?  pgps keeps generating a
v3 signature.

I now can make and verify some v4 sigs (or v3), but not correctly (My
check says my generationis correct).  pgpv when I point at one I generate
simply says:

This signature applies to another message
None of the signatures were understood; can't check

Received signal 11.

--- reply to tzeruch - at - ceddec - dot - com ---