RE: Legal issues in implementing OpenPGP?

1998-05-01 18:49:22
At 4:30 PM -0400 5/1/98, Flanigan, Bill wrote:
This is a very "interesting" question.  I've pondered things in this
area myself.  I believe the over-riding question, however, is:  Does
the IETF have change control here?  Anyone know one way or the other?

Bill

You may want to take a look at <ftp://ietf.org/ietf/IPR/PGP-openpgp>, which
says:

Extracted from an email message sent September 18, 1997
From: Charles Breed <cbreed(_at_)pgp(_dot_)com>

Subject: Change Control
Just to make things 'crystal clear', let it be known that...

"PGP Inc. intends to turn change control of the PGP key and messages
formats over to the IETF in a similar way to the way Sun Microsystems
turned over RPC in RFC1790."

Charles Breed
Senior Director fo PGP technologies

 - Tim

Tim Dierks - timd(_at_)consensus(_dot_)com - www.consensus.com
  Director of Engineering - Consensus Development
  Developer of SSL Plus: SSL 3.0 Integration Suite