Re: Subject: Re: Legal issues in implementing OpenPGP

1998-05-05 12:46:06
Uri Blumenthal says:
it was my understanding that Certicom was planning to release
a software library (a-la BSAFE) that one would buy to add EC
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                             ^^^
capabilities to his product (and to become a "legal" licensee).
Doesn't look like hardware trick to me.

I hate when I have to correct myself, but... Oh well...

That software library that Certicom was going to make available,
was NOT to be sold, but to be given away - TO THE LICENSEES.

If there's anybody from Certicom on this list who'd care to
comment - it would be appreciated.
--
Regards,
Uri             uri(_at_)watson(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com