Re: Subject: Re: Legal issues in implementing OpenPGP

1998-05-05 18:55:21
Rich Ankney says:
Sorry; I get your point now.

(:-) (:-(

What about the new HP proposal for
"point compression"?  I haven't done any research as to patent
status etc.

1. I am not aware of the HP proposal.
2. Depending on what exactly Certicom patent claim is, whatever this
   HP proposal is (or any other proposal, or maybe even dropping the
   second coordinate completely) may still fall under the Certicom
   patent coverage (i.e. infringing).

OK.  I Emailed Don Johnson about this.  I'll try to get info on all of
the standards bodies they've sent letters to.

Well, well, well. Please let us know what the results are.
--
Regards,
Uri             uri(_at_)watson(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com