Another draft coming your way.

1998-06-15 15:43:47
I'm sending out today what I hope is really, really the last draft of the
spec. I've added in Tom Zerucha's comments here about my last
forgetfulness, added in the headers that Lutz pointed out, and dealt some
more with the issue of Elgamal signatures.

I've spoken to a number of people on both sides of the Elgamal issue. While
it's true that DSS produces shorter signatures than Elgamal, and is
potentially faster, there's no evidence that Elgamal signatures are
insecure, provided that the proper care has been taken. I went over all the
discussion that I put in for the -04 draft, and made a tweak.

The relevant diffs will be coming in another message.

Note that while I'm really happy to fix any other problems someone finds,
it's way too late to start a controversy. I expect that draft -05 is it,
short of fixing an important typo, thinko, or braino.

        Jon

-----
Jon Callas                                  jon(_at_)pgp(_dot_)com
CTO, Total Network Security                 3965 Freedom Circle
Network Associates, Inc.                    Santa Clara, CA 95054
(408) 346-5860
Fingerprints: D1EC 3C51 FCB1 67F8 4345 4A04 7DF9 C2E6 F129 27A9 (DSS)
              665B 797F 37D1 C240 53AC 6D87 3A60 4628           (RSA)