Secret Key Packets

1998-06-26 04:03:00
Hi !

A secret key packet contains :
  - A Public Key or Public Subkey packet, as described above

But how can I find out the length of this Public Key Packet, I mean
how can I find out the length of the algorithm specific data, especially
when a new Algorithm (other then RSA, DSA or Elgamal) is used (e.g. in
the future) ?

I think the length Header field after the Packet Tag does include the size
of both, the Secret Key Packet with it's included Public Key Packet ?

Bye

  Christoph Moser

Christoph Moser - Student of Computer Science and Business
                  University of Siegen

Email:            moser(_at_)student(_dot_)uni-siegen(_dot_)de
Tel. :            +49 271 71883
PGP-Key available on request