Secret Key Packets III

1998-06-29 06:32:23
Hi again ;) !

The secret key packet contains an encrypted algo-spec. MPIs:

     - Encrypted multi-precision integers comprising the secret key
       data. These algorithm-specific fields are as described below.

Does that mean that all MPI's are encrypted, also the 2-Octet MPI-
Length-Fields. I ask because when I read a secret key packet of Version 3
then the MPI-Length-Fields doesn't seem to be encrypted. But if I read
a Version 4 one the whole algo-spec. data seems to be encrypted.

Thanks again for your help.

Bye

  Christoph

Christoph Moser - Student of Computer Science and Business
                  University of Siegen

Email:            moser(_at_)student(_dot_)uni-siegen(_dot_)de
Tel. :            +49 271 71883
PGP-Key available on request