Re: 128 bit block ciphers

1998-06-29 03:43:45
Lutz Donnerhacke <lutz(_at_)taranis(_dot_)iks-jena(_dot_)de> writes:

At the moment OpenPGP uses the same mode for all ciphers. It will be an
issue of the next version to change it.

I'm not talking about the encryption mode (CFB or
reset-after-10bytes-CFB) but the blocksize.  Because there are a lot
of submissions for AES which require a 128 block cipher we should at
least talk about a way, how to integrate 128 bit block ciphers.

In section 12.7 OpenPGP explicitly talks about ciphers with blocksizes
greater than 64 bits, so this is not the problem.  My question was,
whether the 8 byte random prefix is sufficient; the statement in
the above mentioned section can be read that this prefix should be
18 bytes long - but how can we pack it into a pubkey_enc packet or
the secret key packets?

Werner