Re: language tag

1998-09-03 09:38:11
At 07:44 PM 9/3/98 +0900, =?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOzNLXE9CSScbKEI=?= wrote:
draft-ietf-openpgp-formats-06.txt defines UTF-8 for each field of PGP
packets. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any method to identify
language.

Please take a look at draft-whistler-plane14, which is in IESG last call.
It specifies a way to identify languages within UTF-8.

RFC 2266 suggests that language tag defined in RFC 1766 should be
provided in each protocols. Please define RFC 1766-like means to
specify language.

This is not possible. The text chunks in OpenPGP are not MIME chunks, they
are bare strings. You have to use inline language tagging, as specified in
draft-whistler-plane14.

A note to the editors: I found a problem relating to this in reading the
-07 draft. In 5.2.3.22, you say "in human-readable form (UTF-8)". UTF-8 is
not human-readable unless every character in the text is US-ASCII. During
IESG last cally, you should probably strike "in human-readable form" from
this section.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium