Re: the micalg parameter

1998-09-13 22:57:27
From: Thomas Roessler <roessler(_at_)guug(_dot_)de>
Subject: Re: the micalg parameter
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:29:56 +0200

Now, why do you think that a mis-match being illegal means
that an implementation can't be robust and ignore the
parameter in this case?  The behaviour is simply undefined, so
the choice is yours - conform to the GIGO principle or try
to handle things smoothly.

There is a big difference between undefined and implementation choice.

The former means ambiguous.

The latter menas, yes, you clearly defined. If we will define its
semantics as implementation choice after discussions, it's fine to me.

Personally, I dislike to define it as implementation choice. This is a
signature service, so I think we should share a single semantics.

--Kazu