Re: Message Integrity

1999-04-22 10:26:12
On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Adam Back wrote:

I also like Tom's suggestion of using algorithm ID 0 for signature.
Adds conotations of "no signature algorithm".  Nice.  Why don't you
try implementing that in your PGP implementation Tom?  It should come
out as fewer lines, and simpler code than the other method.  You
should be able to post the patch (export control wise) because it is
authentication only.

There is only one detail.  Do we use the DER prefix with the 0 and 1 so it
looks like a standard bignum signature, or do we just use the 20 bytes?