Re: MDCs and PGP 6.5.1b15

1999-05-17 16:42:29
On Mon, 17 May 1999, Werner Koch wrote:

[key stuff deleted]

It may be a rogue version - and although I never sent any such keys to any
PGP server, I did experiment with using the X509 output capabilities of
openssl (so you could use a PGP key in an X509 routine, and vice versa).

Tom, what about changing your MDC to use a unhashed subpacket for the
MDC instead of an MPI?  I think this will be a much nicer solution and
I wonder why we didn't came up with this earlier.

That would also work - I would have to put in the logic earlier, but then
the signature test logic wouldn't have the zero algorithm there.

We just need an unhashed packet ID