Re: MDCs and PGP 6.5.1b15

1999-05-18 00:51:33
hal(_at_)rain(_dot_)org writes:

unused public key algorithm, so that no implementations will attempt
to verify the signature.  I used zero, but we could use 100 if that

So what about this small change:

5.2.3. Version 4 Signature Packet Format

   The body of a version 4 Signature Packet contains:

     - One-octet version number (4).

     - One-octet signature type.

|    - One-octet public key algorithm or a value of zero to indicate
|      that no multi-precision integers follow.

     - One-octet hash algorithm.

     - Two-octet scalar octet count for following hashed subpacket
       data. Note that this is the length in octets of all of the hashed
       subpackets; a pointer incremented by this number will skip over
       the hashed subpackets.

     - Hashed subpacket data. (zero or more subpackets)

     - Two-octet scalar octet count for following unhashed subpacket
       data. Note that this is the length in octets of all of the
       unhashed subpackets; a pointer incremented by this number will
       skip over the unhashed subpackets.

     - Unhashed subpacket data. (zero or more subpackets)

     - Two-octet field holding left 16 bits of signed hash value.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de           www.gnupg.org           keyid 621CC013