Re: PGP 6.5.1 - word list and SDAs?

1999-07-07 06:36:01
On 1999-07-07 04:07:05 -0700, Will Price wrote:

However, the feature is a biometric authentication method that has
no relation to the OpenPGP data formats.

Sorry, I don't see how an easily pronounceable and audible
representation of a key fingerprint has anything to do with what's
usually called biometric authentication.  Or are you planning to
couple PGP with voice recognition and automatic finger print
checking?

Saying that this should have gone through OpenPGP in the first
place is like saying the PGPkeys GUI and whether RSA keys are
silver or gold should go through OpenPGP.

You're missing the point here.  Your user interface is exclusively
used to communicate between the software and the user.  It is _not_
used in the first place to exchange data between different users.
Unlike this, the fingerprint (and any redundant exchange format
defined for it) will be exchanged between users.

I'm looking forward for the first business card which has the
"pronouncable" finger print on its back.