Re: Behavior of implementations regarding certain key material

2000-05-30 10:36:20
"Lutz" == Lutz Donnerhacke <lutz(_at_)iks-jena(_dot_)de> writes:

 Lutz> * Paul Koning wrote:
It seems to me the logical thing to do is very easy to describe:
expired or revoked certs are treated as if they were nonexistent.

 Lutz> But certificates of expired keys are still valid.

For verifying old stuff, yes.  Not for new stuff.  So my simple
description was too simplistic.  I would apply it to things expired or
revoked as of the creation date of whatever I want to verify.

        paul