Re: [urgent] PGP/MIME IANA considerations: file extensions, Macintosh file type codes.

2001-07-03 09:53:44

IESG requests that we add a IANA consideration section to the PGP/MIME text.

This section should also contain indications of file extensions and Macintosh
file type codes to be used for the media types we define.

I suppose that we should list none for application/pgp-encrypted, and .asc as
the file extension for application/pgp-signature and application/pgp-keys.
However, what are the Macintosh File Type Codes to be used for the latter two
media types?

PGP 7.03 uses the following types:

PGP Encrypted file:             pgEF
Detached Signature:             pgDS
Public Key Files:               pgPR
Secret Key Files:               pgRR
--
-- Marshall

Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:marshall(_at_)idio(_dot_)com>

Warning: Objects in calendar are closer than they appear.